Department of Agriculture
Ulica patrijarha Pavla 1
76 300 Bijeljina
Republic of Srpska
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Phone: +387 (0)55 233 404
Fax:+387 (0)55 233 432
Stevan Trivković, MSc
He was born in 1975 in Bijeljina, where he completed primary and secondary school. He graduated at the Faculty of Agriculture in Novi Sad in 2000, and in 2015 he completed post graduate studies and acquired a degree of master of agricultural science. He is currently at the final year of doctoral studies at the Faculty of Agriculture in Banja Luka.
From 2000 to 2010 he performed different jobs at the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management of the Republic of Srpska and participated in drafting legislation at BaH level.
In the period between 2010 and 2015 he worked as a republic agricultural inspector at the Republic of Srpska Inspectorate, and from 2015 to 2018 he was a director of Agricultural Holding “Semberija” Bijeljina. In 2018 he started working as a republic agricultural inspector at the Republic of Srpska Inspectorate again.
He acquired knowledge and experience through many trainings and study trips, at home and abroad, within the projects funded by European Commission, USAID programs and World Bank. He received scholarships from the Governments of Italy and Japan.
He was an author of a number of scientific and professional papers. He is a member of scientific association National Society of Processing and Energy in Agriculture - PTEP of the Republic of Serbia and the Chamber of agricultural engineers of the Republic of Srpska.
He is married, has one child and lives in Bijeljina.
Department of Agriculture performs administrative and professional activities under the City jurisdiction related to:
- study and analytic activities and utilization of resources in agriculture (food industry, supply in agriculture, agriculture, forestry, water management);
- development planning and monitoring the implementation of strategic plans within scope of work;
- affairs related to development of agricultural production, land consolidation and protection of agricultural land, cattle breeding, orcharding, mini farms, organizing farmers, hunting, fishing;
- other jobs placed in their scope of work by special documents.
In strategic planning, monitoring the implementation of City Development Strategy, evaluating and reporting in the scope of work, the Department performs the following jobs:
- prepares annual operational plan, containing planned projects, value of the projects and funding sources, dynamics of projects implementation, and clearly defined roles and responsibilities in the project implementation;
- regularly collects information important for the local sustainable development and submits it to the Section for Local Economic Development and European Integration (Section);
- prepares various analyses and studies within its scope of work and submits them to the Section;
- actively participates in the strategic planning of integrated development;
- prepares and submits information concerning external stakeholders and proposes their involvement in the strategic planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- participates in the preparation of project proposals and project documentation; and
- submits reports on monitoring and evaluation of projects at the Department level, according to the dynamics defined in the annual activities calendar prepared by the Section for Local Economic Development and European Integration.
Concerning the promotion of the City, the Department performs the following jobs:
- promotes dialogue between the local stakeholders, establishes partnerships and maintains regular communication between departments and external stakeholders (private and cooperative sectors, chamber of commerce, Union of Cooperatives of the Republic of Srpska and associations of farmers and businessmen, financial organizations, international organizations, academic institutions, etc.);
- continually promotes the City as the location favourable for investments, all with the aim to attract domestic and foreign investments;
- presents materials of the City development potential to investors, donors, development agencies and other external stakeholders, in cooperation with the organizational unit for local economic development;
- implements other activities contributing to the promotion of the City as the environment favourable for investments.